Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Seeing beyond what's there:

It looked like a very big coaster, padded and stitched. It was velvet, faded in parts, very old. I knew I could use it in some way. I threw it in my basket. That's how it works with me when I'm shopping at mantofev's fleamarket, possible the best one online. When it arrived, I took it apart, discarded the padding, and ended up with a nice piece of old, crushed, faded velvet. Lovely.

It didn't take long to put it to good use. I've been wanting to make flowers (with old, crushed, faded velvet), and so I did. I stitched a little fabric tag to finish it off, and a pin on the back.





Do not break your shin on a stool that is not in your way.-- Irish proverb

5 comments:

  1. What a delightful flower. I just love the fabric! Good find. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks very pretty! I see that you are putting some certain fabrics I sent you to good use! xoxo
    wren

    ReplyDelete
  3. i heart this! Love that blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your flower colette!!! i love all those tiny stitches along the velvet. the pink stem is a surprising touch!! very clever!
    i love MANTOFEV. you mentioned sara in one of your posts and i've been hooked ever since!!!i love that she sells things...as found...tattered and beautiful!!
    take care
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I particularly adore that little tag you attached to this beauty, Colette!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.