Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm grateful it stopped raining, and I'm grateful I am free of weather headaches.

This is my current favourite coffee cup. It's beautiful to my eyes, and just the right size, a little bigger than a traditional demi-tasse. I found it a couple of years ago on one of the antiquing forays conducted by my sister when I was visiting her in McKinney. That would be Texas.

The right cup adds to my enjoyment of coffee. At the other extreme is coffee in paper cups or worse styrofoam. They set my teeth on edge. So I don't drink coffee out, unless I have to (you're out with someone who buys you a cup of coffee), out of politesse!

Pause-café/coffee break


Do not break your shin on a stool that is not in your way.-- Irish proverb

4 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful cup. Do you make your coffee in a French press?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crazing is wonderful and the faded flowers. A cup to start the day with!
    xx Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cup is darling. Love all of it's crackled character. Very sweet. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous cup - I love its aged appearance! There is something so important about drinking coffee out of the right cup, as if it will taste better (and it does).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.