Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday's child

...is staying in until the rain stops, although, by the look of things, it may go on all day. Happily I have no pressing business outside.
I finished this piece which I've been working on for several days. It was a matter of time before this Irish proverb got stitched. I decided to do it in Irish rather than English. Do not break your shin on a stool that is not in your way. You see, I actually did break my shin on a stool that wasn't there, irony of ironies, a few days ago, and when I realized that, I think I laughed for 5 minutes.


And, of course, a little painting with my beloved Caran d'Ache pastels...

4 comments:

  1. Your new quiltie is precious - buttons and bows and painting too.....I wish the rain had kept me inside. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stitchery is delightful! I love this proverb! We could do well to live by this one!

    There is something wonderfully comforting and delicious about staying in and doing creative things while the rain falls outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I came over from Stick Horse Cowgirls....love all your little needleworks and tags! Looking forward to reading your past and future posts..and browsing your etsy store

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sigh, this handkerchief... xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.