Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

 Just before the thunderstorm last night, I heard what sounded like an army of cicadas coming from the balcony; it was almost deafening. It turns out that it was just one, one little -- big, actually -- creature perched on the screen door. I closed the sliding door and it went completely quiet. Attempts at photographing it (I had to, I've never actually seen a cicada before; they are heard but never seen) weren't great because of screen and the fact that it was night, but this might give you an idea of the size of the creature. I hope it found its way back home...



Ná bris do loigrín ar stól nach bhfuil i do shlí. (Do not break your shin on a stool that is not in your way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.