Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

It's been one of those days: some not-so-good news (although it could have been worse) followed by great news! I like balance -- I'm always striving for it. (Yes, typical Libra.)


Both news had to do with work. I'll just report the Good News. I was asked to send in some work for Stampington's  Art Quilting Studio. I picked my best ones, including one very close to my heart and sent them on. Today, I heard that the one very close to my heart (I can't show you -- you'll have to wait and buy the magazine!!) was chosen for the article that I'm going to be writing (the others will appear in the Gallery).

Interestingly, just before I got this news I was telling a friend what a joy it is to freelance for Stampington, that they treat me so well and are very professional.

My next appearance is in Somerset Memories (coming in a month). That's a very exciting one for me too because it features a little visual journal of my neighborhood! Toronto, take note!!!

6 comments:

  1. Dear Colette,
    I am so pleased you have been published in Somerset Studio publications once again. I am glad they treat their artists so well. I think they are the most professional on the market and they have become almost the only ones I buy. I hope your day has continued to get better and that your not-so-good news is not-so-bad.
    (((BIGHUGS)))
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Colette, I too hope your bad news was not so bad. Your good news is definitely wonderful, though. I love the Somerset publications. I've never bought "Memories", but look forward to getting this one. The bonus is that Toronto is my hometown so it will be particularly neat to see your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrautlations. You are so very dear. I find it strange and wonderful that I put that Tabu powder box in my picutres about my class with you.

    I look forward to seeing your articles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting into Somerset Studio! I found your post about your butterfly on the talented Julie Whitmore blog. I love butterflies, too....here is my latest....Love yours! :)----< http://nantucketmermaid.blogspot.com/2011/02/butterfly-doll.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for you; What a privilege and a pleasure! You deserve it! I look forward to this issue. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that the bad news wasn't too too bad..... I'm going to be in that ArtQuilting Studio too -- Gallery this time, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.