Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday's child

I've been taking advantage of these warmish days to walk to my destinations. Yesterday, while walking to the downtown area, I stopped at SHOPNYLA, a block or so north of Rosedale subway, a sweet boutique with lovely clothing and the nicest people running it. What caught my attention were the espadrilles in the window.

As a child, I wore espadrilles every summer. As an adult I continued to wear them, often buying several pairs at a time at Galeries Lafayette in Paris, and also in Toronto. And then the local supply stopped; flying to France to buy them was not an option!! I couldn't find the real ones anywhere except online, and I never buy shoes online. In any case, buying them online costs too much.


And here they were, the real thing -- these are made in Spain -- at at a very reasonable price. I had to choose between black, red, navy, beige, white, seersucker blue. I went for the navy, and I'm thinking I'll be getting the red ones next.

1 comment:

  1. I really Love Espadilles, and your color choice is perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.