Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Back to work


The Thanksgiving weekend was very enjoyable. For once I took time off and socialized.

I did change one thing though: I had a huge piece of canvas on my wall that I'd painted, to which I had stitched a piece of fabric and a black-and-white photograph. Last night I realized that I was tired of looking at it, so I removed the fabric and photo and painted something new, right there on the wall. The wall was my easel. One day I'm going to have a wall where I can pin my paper and canvas and work directly on them!

5 comments:

  1. this reminds me of a story about Diego Rivera; his father covered Rivera's bedroom walls with canvas so he could explore art and not paint on other walls in the house. i like how the the blue and yellow mix in the background of your new piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspiring Colette. It would be so wonderful to have a wall to paint like that, so liberating

    I wonder, did my parcel arrive yet?

    Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that wall idea! I was just reading about you in Artful Blogger!
    I hope I get to be an artful blogger some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is so sweet and delicate <3

    so glad i found your lovely blog! would love to be friends and swap links~ you seem like a great person to know. new to the blogcommunity and searching out my favorites. <3<3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haunting, whimsical and so you! I love this painting Colette.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.