Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

An artist's artist


I got a sweet package in the mail today from my sister. A rubber stamp from Teesha Moore that I've been wanting... Inside the package were two (gift) word stamps, a postcard, and this leaflet. As it happened, the subject of use of the stamps came up last week, and as a working artist who makes art for a living, I was sure that Teesha Moore was an "angel company." I now have it in writing, so for any of you out there who were wondering, see the photo.


I think of Teesha Moore as an artist's artist; I especially love this quotation from her: The creative act is the secret to joy.

5 comments:

  1. I am all for sharing . How else would we grow. I teach and tell my students" use It any way you want" that is what you have paid for. Hopefully they will fly with the creative idea in different direction then my creative process is taking me and then we can double the creative growth and I will learn new things from them ( as I do just in the classes ). If we hang on to tightly to what ever creative gift we have, it will wither up and die and our creative spirit losses its chance to grow .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote..and I am so happy you received such a lovely package.
    xoxo Nita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quote! I wish more stamp/scrapbook paper companies would follow suit.

    Micki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:18 p.m.

    FYI - here is what Teesha's website states:

    We are an angel company which means that our stamps and collage sheets may be incorporated on hand stamped/handmade items you intend to sell, however no mechanical reproduction is allowed. All images are copyrighted by Zettiology. All rights reserved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand why ANY company makes and sells something they don't want people to use ...for making more things for sale.... it makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever...... weird .......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.