Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Sampler Three

[Hearts No. 3, available on eBay]

It was a matter of time before embellishments crept into my heart samplers. I used vintage millinery flowers on this one, and I do like the effect. The trick is to know where to place it, and not to confuse the eye.




In case you haven't guessed by now, birds and hearts are motifs I love to use. Before I discovered collage and mixed media, I used to paint with watercolors and acrylics. Hearts and birds featured then, too.




Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely Colette!

    And you have a big and loving heart so I am not surprised hearts feature in your work.

    You ignited my love of birds :)

    Dotxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet. I was just thinking about hearts this morning....
    Thanks for sharing.
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colette!
    Loving your quilties! Do you print out your own fabric images or do you buy them made up? I used to get mine from artchix but they stopped selling on fabric and I have printed my own out but prefer to buy them already done..
    Happy Thanksgiving to you to(a little late for Canada) I am stuffed like the turkey and already in my pj's we ate early because everyone had to drive a distance... hope your weekend is lovely! karen....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love what you are doing with the hearts. I have a thing for hearts too..
    I love the white heart with the bird in it, very sweet.
    Just thinking of you this evening. love nita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flowers in the heart! It looks so very sweet there. Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks lovely!

    wren

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.