Pages

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Make your own, Part Deux



If something appeals to me, I will try it. So, yesterday, I took a deep breath and tried to cut a stencil. Then I painted it on a piece of cardboard. To my utter surprise, I liked my first try, even though I need a much smaller blade so that I can properly cut out the facial features.


Journal No. 3 is nearly finished. I have to attach the pages to the spine; because it's time-consuming, I'll wait until I can sit down without interruption for a while.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the stencil you created, just Fabulous! Great color choices too!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete
  2. the stencil is amazing colette~and that Journal!!! woweeeee!!!xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo!! How fun Miss Colette!! You did gooooood! And, I loove the secret boook!!! (ps: I don't think I ever said congrats congrats congrats over the mooooon about your laundry piece!! xoxo)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colette, The stencil is so wonderful! I am going to try to do one tommorow.
    The journal turned out so exquiste. Sending you much love, Nita

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a neverending story of creativity! your stencil is so cool. i like the cardboard effect too to play with!I'm housesitting at the beach waiting on a hurricane...brought some art supplies

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog. Great art and fun items at your ETSY. Love the variety. I can tell you enjoy all types of art. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.