Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Windy sunday



I made these yesterday. I see many lovely things online that cost a lot of money like the brooch made of velvet ribbon, old lace and bauble below (I made this one after I saw similar ones at prices that made my jaw drop!). So when something appeals to me, I try it out for myself. If'n'when I put these up, they will be priced very reasonably. I believe in paying for the work, not the "name". I have this theory, that if people (are you listening big business??) took a little less, oh, say a yearly bonus of $2 million instead of $3.5 million, we could all have more. Especially of the important things necessary not just to survival but good survival.





Click on photos for better view.

Clip art of little girl above by Sandra Evertson.








10 comments:

  1. I'd like to know who these customers are....my stuff sits and gets no sales!

    I guess I'm not "name" enough...hmpphhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee.. your brooches are gorgeous! I agree that things can be ridiculously costly. Lots of times I see art that I would love to have ....but it is waaay out of my reach. Well..I gota get ready for a little party! Happy New 2007! Bonne Annee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perhaps we all need to start the "affordable are collective"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Colette! I like the way you think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so gorgeous!! I love the one with the crown the most.

    Happy new year to you sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The brooches are lovely, Colette! I have been enjoying going through your blog- you are so creative!
    We go to craft shows just for the ideas mainly as things even at the local level are so expensive these days. We will indulge if it's something so absolutely creative that you have to reward, so to speak, the creator, but everyone can be creative in their own way!
    I just heard a CEO got a $56 million or so bonus from his company- ridiculous! The planet needs help, people are starving, babies are dying- it's so wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Colette!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! You find the most clever elements! This is a lovely piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful creations and wise words, Colette. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pieces are so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.