Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

When it rains, it pours

Only three days until the Holly Jolly Christmas fair. Naturally everything happens at once, with extra work coming in at my busiest time, translation work, precis work (read a 1,000-word article in one language and write it up in another, in 100 words), and a commission which I was very happy to take on. The freelancer's life.


I couldn't resist the commission, a collage for a baby girl born on last month on Oct. 10.


And then I was itching to make the Tara Heart. It will be winging its way to France soon.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have your plate full! That commission for the new baby is so BEAUTIFUL as well the Tara heart....as well as YOU!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colette, it boggles the mind how you manage to accomplish so much! The commission for the baby is gorgeous - a treasure for a lifetime. And I am so flattered and grateful for you taking my little photo and haiku and creating such a beautiful piece of art. And with my favourite aqua colour background! I'm so spoiled - thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your kindness, generosity and friendship. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are such a sweet, kind, generous person and very, very talented.
    Love the baby commission - how special and what a treasure for a keepsake xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're my hero. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pieces are just beautiful...Good luck on your craft fair! I'll be thinking of you. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a generous friendship you two have!! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That baby collage is just so, so sweet. What blessed parents to receive this gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.