Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Yo soy la tierra de tus raices



I love flamenco. I've been studying it for about 5 years and go to class on a weekly basis. I think it's in my blood. I was introduced to it as a child and have always been enthralled by it.

These are my shoes. They are semi-professional, made in Spain. Unlike tap shoes which have a whole piece of metal on the toes and heels (of which I have a pair because years ago, I did tap), flamenco shoes are toed and heeled with small nail heads. The sound of flamenco is very different from tap.

My favorite compás (rythm form) is the farruca, where the rhythm changes rapidly from one set of steps to the other without missing a beat.


9 comments:

  1. Love these shots.
    And look at your small feet.
    Lucky !

    Would love to see you dance.
    Your feet have attitude here thats for sure.
    YOu MUST dance well !

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey senorita! I can just imagine you dancing! it must b very good exercise too xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe! I wouldn't call size 8 1/2 small, especially on a 5ft 3" height.

    But thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's so wonderful that you're still studying flamenco and enjoying it! I love watching flamenco dancers - one of the things I'm looking forward to during my sojourn in Sevilla. Let me know if you need anything from there (i.e. more shoes). Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see your dancing shoes Colette!!
    I think it's great that you take time out to enjoy your Flamenco. These shoes look wonderful.
    Would love to see you dance once day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colette, do you also have a flamenco costume? They are so brilliantly colorful. Would love to see you in it dancing! There is a city across the bridge from me called Ybor City....they have street festivals with flamenco dancers. So lively! Soon it will be time for Guavaween! Google it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just dance....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. flamenco is such a wonderful, full of passion expression. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 8 1/2 ? SERIOUSLY ?

    oh I love you that much more !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.