Pages

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Felicitazione, congratulations, félicitations

Italy has made the World Cup finals.


Meanwhile in the park, an impromptu pow wow with some talented drummers. They are Native kids who have also painted a little building to the right (not in the picture) with different Native scenes. Some vandals defaced part of it, so I called the cop shop and they gave me permission to clean it up. In fact the Sergeant came over to have a look, and he was as upset as I was. I went over with my acrylic paints and brushes, and cleaner and sponges and restore the vandalized part.

In other news, some people wear their heart on their sleeve, I'm wearing a bird's nest on my wrist. Another use for handspun yarn.

8 comments:

  1. Well done Italy!

    And, well done Colette for restoring the little building. And for caring enough to do so (big hug to you special lady).

    Love the birds nest bracelet (there is no end to your talents!).

    Dotee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello thoughtful, caring, creative neighbor!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooooooooo, that little braclet! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:06 p.m.

    HOW CLEVER !! SO SOFT AND SWEET !

    I LIKE IT

    YOU ARE A TREND SETTER!

    GOSH C.--
    SO MANY NEW THINGS TO SEE ON YOUR BLOG HERE !

    I HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR DAYS!
    RUBBING MY HANDS TOGETHER IN ANTICIPATION OF WHAT AWAITS
    I LOVE TO LOOK THRU YOUR LATEST ART
    AND READ YOUR WRITING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:16 p.m.

    That was a wonderful thing - to do grafitti clean up !

    I know something good will come back to you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FORZA ITALIAAAAAAA :)

    Hope they are going to win, because I really don't like the french team and they really don't deserve AT ALL to win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Colette what about FRANCE??!! :) Love the bracelet and all your other recent creative ventures. I've been w/o computer access and am trying to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your gentleness and caring ways...the bird nest bracelet is so sweet and so YOU! Sorry..I don't follow the World Cup but I am cheering for both countries! Both teams have worked so hard to be where they are at now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.